MBTA - Boylston Street Overpass
Former B&A "Highland Branch;" converted to trolley service 1958.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Boylston Street on MBTA Green Line
- Newton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1917; abutments date to 1885
- - Pennsylvania Steel Co. of Steelton, Pennsylvania
- - Boston & Albany Railroad (B&A; BA)
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- Rapid Transit
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 45.0 ft.
Total length: 134.0 ft.
Deck width: 27.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.31842, -71.21546 (decimal degrees)
42°19'06" N, 71°12'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/317434/4687507 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 64884 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 20, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin