Riverside Park Pedestrian Bridge
Riverside Park Pedestrain Bridge
Photo taken by Ian Martin in October 2014
BH Photo #309558
Historic pedestrian bridge that is to be rehabilitated for continued use as part of an extensive trail system. Very unique riveted Warren pony truss with vertical endposts and featuring an arched lower chord.
- Arched Warren pony truss bridge on Pedestrian Path
- Newton, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Built ca. 1920; Closed 2003; Dismantled and rehabilitated 2012-13; Reopened 2014
- Unique Arched Warren pony truss with vertical endposts that was built for pedestrian use.
Total length: 78.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.34009, -71.25578 (decimal degrees)
42°20'24" N, 71°15'21" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/314175/4690001 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 55616 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 6, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- December 6, 2014: New photos from Ian Martin
- July 26, 2014: Updated by Ian Martin: Updated status- bridge has been reopened
- February 23, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added new information and changed status.
- February 22, 2013: Added by Luke Harden