Armory Bridge - NE perspective from footbridge
Photo taken by Ian Martin in May 2015
BH Photo #324021
"One of a group of four related concrete arch bridges designed by the Metropolitan Park Commission as parts of two larger projects to improve the upper reaches of the Mystic River and Alewife Brook in 1904-08. Principal construction features of the Mystic River Reservation project were: a new dam and tide gates at the old stone Cradock Bridge (M-12-002), two new concrete arch bridges to carry the new Mystic River Reservation drive over the realigned channel of the Mystic River (M-12-005/S-17-002, M-12-003), and a new Boston & Maine RR concrete arch bridge over the Reservation drive (S-17-014). As part of the Alewife Brook sanitary improvement project, the fourth concrete arch bridge (A-10-014/S-17-026) was built in 1908 to carry the Mystic Valley Parkway over the relocated channel of Alewife Brook at the westerly end of the Mystic River Reservation. Although the Mystic River Reservation began as an independent element within the MPC park system, it seems to have eventually been absorbed into an expanded Mystic Valley Parkway, and all four bridges are now regarded as elements of the Parkway."
-S.J. Roper, 10/1999
- Concrete arch bridge over Mystic River on MA 16 in Medford
- Medford, Middlesex County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1906
- - Coleman Brothers of Boston, Massachusetts
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 64.0 ft.
Deck width: 47.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Mystic River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.41778, -71.11278 (decimal degrees)
42°25'04" N, 71°06'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/326170/4698325 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Boston North
- Inventory numers
- MA M12003 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19386 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 5, 2015: New photos from Ian Martin
- August 11, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin