Reeds Bridge Road Bridge
As per http://www.ecs.umass.edu/adaptive_bridge_use/bridge_files/re...
"This single intersection warren pony truss bridge was originally located in Conway, MA. The bridge was located between Bardwell's Ferry Road and Reed's Bridge Road. The Massachusetts Highway Department has recently replaced this bridge with a new structure."
Note: The posted GPS Coordinates give the location of the UMass Amherst Campus only. One would have to contact the university to get specific directions to the current location of the bridge.
- Warren pony truss bridge
- Amherst, Hampshire County, Massachusetts
- In storage
- Built 1894 in Conway, MA and recently relocated to UMass Amherst to be resused as a pedestrian bridge in the future
- - R.F. Hawkins Iron Works of Springfield, Massachusetts
- Single Intersection Warren Pony Truss
Span length: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 40.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.39206, -72.52865 (decimal degrees)
42°23'31" N, 72°31'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/703416/4696266 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Mount Toby
- Inventory number
- BH 49939 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 18, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "University of Massachusetts-Amherst"
- October 27, 2011: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com