Horse Farm Bridge
As per http://www.ecs.umass.edu/adaptive_bridge_use/bridge_files/horseFarm/horseFarm.html
"This truss bridge is planned for reconstruction at a nearby university horse farm. This bridge has a large 73 foot span and a curved top chord. The bridge is currently partially disassembled and in outdoor storage."
Note: The posted GPS Coordinates give the location of the UMass Amherst Campus only. One would have to contact the university to get specific directions to the current location of the bridge.
- Polygonal Warren pony truss bridge
- Amherst, Hampshire County, Massachusetts
- In storage
- Future prospects
- Plans call for the bridge to be reassembled and used at the university's horse farm
- Built 1892 somewhere in VT, and relocated later to UMass Amherst
- Polygonal Warren pony truss
Total length: 73.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.39206, -72.52865 (decimal degrees)
42°23'31" N, 72°31'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/703416/4696266 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Mount Toby
- Inventory number
- BH 49908 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 25, 2011: Added by James McCray