Valley View Avenue Bridge
Bridge was erected in 1987 on the closure of the Bridge Street Bridge as a temporary replacement. When the Strathmore Co. closed in 1999, it became doubtful that the Bridge Street Arch would ever be repaired; only a few residences on the east side of the river require access, and the "temporary bridge" is likely to be permanent.
- Bailey pony truss bridge over Westfield River on Valley View Ave.
- Hampden County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Erected 1987 as a temporary replacement.
- Bailey pony truss
Length of largest span: 170.0 ft.
Total length: 420.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.16725, -72.82996 (decimal degrees)
42°10'02" N, 72°49'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/679250/4670625 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 77639 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 44.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- June 15, 2017: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com