Old North End Bridge
"In 1923, the tar-sealed wooden decking caught fire, which was made worse by the gas mains the bridge carried." -Wikipedia article for West Springfield, Mass.
- Lost Triple-intersection Warren through truss bridge over Connecticut River on Road & Streetcar Line
- Springfield, Hampden County, Massachusetts
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1877 Replaced 1924
- - Leighton Bridge & Iron Works of Rochester, New York
- - Hartford & Springfield Street Railway Co.
- Triple-intersection lattice through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.10863, -72.61446 (decimal degrees)
42°06'31" N, 72°36'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/697234/4664590 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Springfield South
- Inventory number
- BH 59064 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 2, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- December 15, 2019: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- February 25, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Hartford & Springfield Street Railway Co."
- December 26, 2013: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and modified truss type
- December 25, 2013: Added by Luke Harden