I-90 Connecticut River Bridge
Eligible for NRHP simply as a part of the original Massachusetts Turnpike. While the haunched deck girder superstructure has been altered, the piers are original, and the bridge has never been completely replaced.
- Steel haunched deck plate girder bridge over Connecticut River on Massachusetts Turnpike (I-90)
- Chicopee, Hampden County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1957; rehabilitated 1982
- Steel haunched deck plate girder bridge
Length of largest span: 224.1 ft.
Total length: 1,224.1 ft.
Deck width: 77.1 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Massachusetts Turnpike Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.15402, -72.62750 (decimal degrees)
42°09'14" N, 72°37'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/696015/4669601 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MA C13023 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 81356 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 41.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 24, 2018: Added by Amanda