PVRR - Third Level Canal Outflow Bridge
1879 pin-connected Pratt through truss constructed by the Keystone Bridge Co. In 1917, a steel trestle was added beneath the bridge for additional support, and it is likely that this structure bears most of the load in current use. The trackage, once owned by the NYNH&H, is now owned by the Pioneer Valley Railroad and used to store surplus railcars.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Third Level Canal Outflow on Pioneer Valley Railroad
- Holyoke, Hampden County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic but track currently used for storage
- Built 1879 by the Keystone Bridge Co.; steel trestle installed underneath in 1917
- - Keystone Bridge Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- - New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Pioneer Valley Railroad (PVRR)
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 143.0 ft.
Total length: 143.0 ft.
- Also called
- NH - Third Level Canal Outflow Bridge
NH - Holyoke Mills Branch Bridge No. 0.85
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.19466, -72.60416 (decimal degrees)
42°11'41" N, 72°36'15" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/697817/4674167 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 65239 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 5, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- January 3, 2015: Added by Ian Martin