US 20 - C&B Railroad Bridge
C&B Railroad Overpass - East elevation from B&A main
Photo taken by Ian Martin in April 2015
BH Photo #322156
US-20 overpass over the Chester & Becket Railroad, which ran from C&B Junction on the B&A main (adjacent to the bridge) to granite quarries up the hill from Chester. The railroad was abandoned in 1931, two years after the bridge's construction.
- Slab bridge over Chester & Becket Railroad (abandoned) on US-20/Huntington Road
- Chester, Hampden County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1929
- Concrete Slab
Length of largest span: 37.1 ft.
Total length: 50.5 ft.
Deck width: 45.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.27493, -72.97156 (decimal degrees)
42°16'30" N, 72°58'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/667268/4682294 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- MA C110350 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 62181 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 79.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 12, 2015: New photo from Ian Martin
- August 1, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin