ST - Cheapside Bridge
Cheapside Railroad Bridge - Western View
Photo taken by Ian Martin in December 2014
BH Photo #311949
This double-track Warren deck truss was constructed by the Phoenix Bridge Co. in 1912 as the third bridge at this location. This structure was preceded by a single-track lattice deck truss, which in turn was preceded by the original structure, a covered wooden deck truss.
- Warren deck truss with alternating verticals bridge over Deerfield River on Springfield Terminal
- Greenfield, Franklin County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1912
- - Phoenix Bridge Co. of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
- - Guilford Rail System (GRS)
- Pan Am Railways (PAR)
- Springfield Terminal Railway (ST)
- Warren deck truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 165.0 ft.
Total length: 755.0 ft.
Deck width: 28.0 ft.
- Also called
- ST - Deerfield River Bridge (South)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.56993, -72.59132 (decimal degrees)
42°34'12" N, 72°35'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/697695/4715870 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 58879 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 3, 2015: New photos from Ian Martin
- January 1, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Added historical, technical info.
- November 24, 2013: Added by Luke Harden