John Greenleaf Whittier Bridge (new)
- Network tied arch bridge over Merrimack River on Interstate 95
- Amesbury Town, Essex County, Massachusetts
- First span opened summer 2016; twin span to open spring 2018
- Built 2017-2018 to replace previous deteriorating through arch bridge
- Network tied arch bridge
Length of largest span: 480.0 ft.
Total length: 1,299.9 ft.
Deck width: 65.9 ft.
- Also called
- Whittier Memorial Bridge
New Whittier Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.83508, -70.91110 (decimal degrees)
42°50'06" N, 70°54'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/343811/4744272 (zone/easting/northing)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MA A07016 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 80479 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 61 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 19, 2018: Updated by Amanda: Added category "Merrimack River"