Ipswich River Railroad Bridge 23.02
Deck view looking north
Photo taken by Ian Martin in October 2015
BH Photo #339555
Former B&M Newburyport Branch, now part of the Topsfield Linear Common/Border-to-Boston Trail/East Coast Greenway. One of the oldest riveted plate girder bridges in eastern MA.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Ipswich River on Topsfield Linear Common
- Topsfield, Essex County, Massachusetts
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1888
- - Boston Bridge Works of Boston, Massachusetts
- - Boston & Maine Railroad (BM)
- Pony plate girder
Span length: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- Topsfield Linear Common - Ipswich River Bridge
B&M Newburyport Branch Bridge 23.02
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.62404, -70.93421 (decimal degrees)
42°37'27" N, 70°56'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/341384/4720880 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 62061 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 18, 2015: New photos from Ian Martin
- July 29, 2014: New Street View added by Ian Martin