Thacher Street Bridge
"Pin-connected, wrought-iron(?), 7-panel Pratt pony truss, with counters in the 3 central panels. Die-forged eyebar lower chord. Floorbeams are riveted to verticals above lower pins, and the floorbeams' lower flanges continue across the sidewalk below the pins. Laced, battered verticals (originals only, replacements are battened.
Mortared, large-block granite abutments- U-abutment on west, straight abutment on east.
Although plans are dated June 1886, and the datestone also says 1886, the NYNH&H RR bridge list gives the date of construction for this bridge as 1888." - S.J. Roper, 5/1989
- Pony truss bridge over Amtrak/MBTA on Thacher Street in Attleboro
- Attleboro, Bristol County, Massachusetts
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1886; rehabilitated 1985; replaced 2006
- - Boston Bridge Works of Boston, Massachusetts
- George F. Folsom (S.C., B&P RR)
- - Amtrak (AMTK)
- Boston & Providence Railroad (B&P)
- New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH)
- Pony truss
Length of largest span: 68.9 ft.
Total length: 71.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
- Also called
- NYNH&H Boston-Boston Switch Bridge No. 32.73
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.93139, -71.29222 (decimal degrees)
41°55'53" N, 71°17'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/309954/4644699 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- MA A16026 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19223 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 23, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Merged MACRIS Info.