Pumpkin Hollow Road Bridge
MA 11M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman 09/18/1983
BH Photo #371605
Bridge was actually located on a small section of Pumpkin Hollow Road in Great Barrington. A wooden pony truss of a bowstring nature was built in 1999 as a replacement. Apparently only the trusses were saved and are in storage in Great Barrington.
- Bridge over Green River on Pumpkin Hollow Road
- Great Barrington, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1888; replaced 1999
- - Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
- Lenticular pony truss
Length of largest span: 58.1 ft.
Total length: 59.0 ft.
Deck width: 11.5 ft.
- Also called
- Hollenbeck Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.18786, -73.41319 (decimal degrees)
42°11'16" N, 73°24'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/631030/4671853 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 61090 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 07/1994)
- Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 16.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1992)
- December 4, 2016: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added to description
- June 8, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Modified description. Verified wood replacement.
- May 28, 2014: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com