Gale Avenue Bridge
"Newest of 12 double-intersection Warren pony trusses in the MDPW database -- all 12 were built as highway overpasses over the Boston & Albany RR. Double-intersection Warren trusses are not common nationally and pony truss examples, in particular, are quite rare (only 2 other examples, both in Ohio, are presently known)."
S.J. Roper, October 1986
- Lost Double-intersection Warren pony truss bridge over Conrail Boston Line on Gale Avenue
- Pittsfield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1900; rehabilitated 1988
- - Boston & Albany Railroad (B&A; BA)
- Double-intersection Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 65.9 ft.
Total length: 74.2 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Also called
- B&A Main Line Bridge No. 152.32
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.44392, -73.29133 (decimal degrees)
42°26'38" N, 73°17'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/640522/4700480 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pittsfield West
- Inventory number
- BH 67237 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 25, 2015: Added by Ian Martin