Old Route 8 Bridge
MA 35M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in June 2014
BH Photo #371600
Through-truss on by-passed road. Two dams downriver necessitated relocation of Route 8. Goodwin or Hogback Dam, 1955, and Colebrook River Dam, 1969. As a result, the village of Colebrook River (CT) is now submerged. Road and bridge provide access for fishermen; end of road is underwater.
- Through truss bridge over West Branch Farmington River on Colebrook River Road/ Old Route 8
- Sandisfield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic on dead end road
- - Berlin Construction Co. of Berlin, Connecticut
- Through truss; skewed
Span length: 136.2 ft.
Total length: 136.2 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.07043, -73.06181 (decimal degrees)
42°04'14" N, 73°03'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/660342/4659413 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Tolland Center
- 738 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 61259 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2013)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Not deficient
Sufficiency rating: 82.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- December 4, 2016: Updated by James Baughn: Merged duplicate pages
- June 15, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Added category "Skewed"
- June 8, 2014: Added by Chester Gehman
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com