MA 55M 01
Photo taken by Don Klatt in December 2015
BH Photo #370372
Replaced a pin-connected 7-panel Pratt through truss.
- Pony truss bridge over Housatonic River on MA 7A in Sheffield
- Sheffield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1925; rehabilitated 1988
- - A.E. Suleski (designer)
- Berlin Construction Co. of Berlin, Connecticut
- D.B. Weden (designer)
- Riveted Warren pony truss with inclined upper chords
Length of largest span: 98.4 ft.
Total length: 105.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Housatonic River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.06972, -73.34056 (decimal degrees)
42°04'11" N, 73°20'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/637283/4658849 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Ashley Falls
- Inventory numbers
- MA S10002 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19199 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 33.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- April 29, 2017: Updated by Chester Gehman: Bridge is closed to vehicle traffic
- November 18, 2016: New photos from Chester Gehman
- April 24, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Merged MACRIS Info.
- October 25, 2011: New Street View added by James Baughn