Photo taken by Chester Gehman in February 2017
BH Photo #380237
"In March of 1907, a wingwall of the previous bridge on this site collapsed. The city had designs made for a new concrete arch reinforced with steel (Annual Report does not say who actually did the plans) and the present bridge was completed in October, 1907."
-S.J. Roper, January 1991
- Concrete arch bridge over West Branch Housatonic River on Mill Street in Pittsfield
- Pittsfield, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1907
- - H.C. Wood & Co.
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 53.2 ft.
Deck width: 26.9 ft.
- Also called
- West Branch Housatonic River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.44639, -73.26361 (decimal degrees)
42°26'47" N, 73°15'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/642796/4700800 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Pittsfield West
- Inventory numbers
- MA P10034 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19204 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2015)
- Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 46.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- February 24, 2017: New photos from Chester Gehman
- April 25, 2015: New Street View added by Ian Martin