Valley Mill Bridge
MA 01R 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in June 2014
This is a replacement bridge installed here in 1983. The previous bridge was a lenticular truss built by the Berlin Iron Bridge Co. in 1889.
- Pony truss bridge over Housatonic River on Valley Street in Lenox
- Lenox Dale, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Built 1983; replaced a previous bridge
- - David Carrington (builder)
- William M. Berry (designer)
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 83.0 ft.
Total length: 86.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.34361, -73.24556 (decimal degrees)
42°20'37" N, 73°14'44" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/644516/4689418 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- East Lee
- Inventory numbers
- MA L05020 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19202 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 05/2013)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 3.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- October 22, 2016: New photo from Chester Gehman
- April 22, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Merged MACRIS Info.; bridge was built new here in 1983
- August 4, 2014: Updated by Chester Gehman: Corrected town; added description, photos.