Brookside Road Bridge
MA 82M 1
Photo taken by Chester Gehman in June 2017
BH Photo #394512
Replaced a 110' lenticular through truss built in 1880.
- Through truss bridge over Housatonic River on Brookside Road in Great Barrington
- Great Barrington, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1949
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- Collins Engineering Co.
- Warren through truss with all verticals
Length of largest span: 142.7 ft.
Total length: 148.3 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.17583, -73.35917 (decimal degrees)
42°10'33" N, 73°21'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/635517/4670602 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Great Barrington
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- MA G11008 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19184 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 50.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 16, 2017: New photos from Chester Gehman
- April 24, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Merged MACRIS Info.
- November 7, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.