Cottage Street Bridge
Photo taken by Joshua Colella
This structure was originally built in 1934 in North Adams. It was disassembled in 1959 and stored in the maintenance yard of MDPW (Orchard Street, Dalton). The truss and most of the floorbeams were salvaged/reconstructed at its current location (Cottage Street).
(Source: Construction Plan Set Dated Nov. 1961, Sheet 5 of 6)
- Pony truss bridge over Housatonic River on Cottage Street in Great Barrington
- Great Barrington, Berkshire County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Built 1934; rehabilitated 1961
- Parker pony truss
Length of largest span: 123.0 ft.
Total length: 133.9 ft.
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +42.19806, -73.36083 (decimal degrees)
42°11'53" N, 73°21'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/635331/4673067 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Great Barrington
- Inventory numbers
- MA G11006 (Massachusetts bridge number)
BH 19186 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 92.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1997)
- June 19, 2012: New photos from Joshua Colella