Photo taken by Wayne Grodkiewicz
BH Photo #103410
Nearly identical to the Sagamore Bridge a few miles away. The bridge was recognized as 1934 "Most Beautiful Steel Bridge" in Class A by the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC).
- Steel through arch bridge over Cape Cod Canal on MA 28 in Bourne
- Barnstable County, Massachusetts
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Slated for demolition and replacement.
- Built 1935; rehabilitated 1981
- Steel through arch
Length of largest span: 616.2 ft.
Total length: 2,384.0 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 40.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.74775, -70.58963 (decimal degrees)
41°44'52" N, 70°35'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/367829/4622991 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory number
- BH 19175 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 21 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 12, 2019: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- June 19, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- October 23, 2016: New photos from John Goold
- March 10, 2015: Photo imported by Dave King
- February 16, 2015: Photos imported by Dave King
- September 14, 2013: New photos from C Hanchey
- October 11, 2012: Updated by Jann Mayer: Added note about similar bridge
- June 16, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- October 11, 2006: Posted photo from Wayne Grodkiewicz