Rating:
1 vote

Uncle Tim's Bridge

Photo 

Captain Tim's Bridge, Wellfleet, Mass.

Boston Public Library

License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)

View this photo on Flickr

BH Photo #316223

Map 

Street View 

Description 

An historic footbridge, Uncle Timís Bridge dates back to 1783 when it was called the "new bridge." It spans Duck Creek, connecting Cannon Hill or Hamblen Island to the central village of Wellfleet. In the 1800s Timothy E. Daniels, affectionately known as Uncle Tim, had a shop, located directly across from the bridge which bears his name to this day.

- communitypreservation.org

Facts 

Overview
Timber stringer bridge over Duck Creek
Location
Wellfleet, Barnstable County, Massachusetts
Status
Open to pedestrians only
History
Built 1783; Restored 2008
Design
Timber stringer
Also called
Bridge over Duck Creek
The New Bridge
Captain Tim's Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+41.93730, -70.02815   (decimal degrees)
41°56'14" N, 70°01'41" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
19/414766/4643325 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Wellfleet
Inventory number
BH 66099 (Bridgehunter.com ID)

Update Log 

  • April 1, 2016: New Street View added by J.P.
  • February 16, 2015: Added by Dave King

Sources