Completed in the summer of 1937, the McIntyre overpass replaced a level crossing with the Kansas City Southern Railway line located about 1/3 mile to the west.
The overpass was replaced by the current structure in the summer of 2005.
- Lost steel stringer bridge over Kansas City Southern Railway on US 79 / US 80
- Webster Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1937; replaced 2005
- Six 36' reinforced concrete deck girder approach spans, one 67' continuous I-beam span supported on reinforced concrete bents with concrete piling foundation.
Length of largest span: 66.9 ft.
Total length: 289.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.58839, -93.35628 (decimal degrees)
32°35'18" N, 93°21'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/466564/3605712 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Minden South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory number
- BH 53923 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 26, 2020: Updated by Roger Collins: Added some specs and description text.
- October 15, 2012: Added by Jared Mixson