UP - Houma Lift Bridge
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in June 2009
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #241012
The bridge was moved to Freeport, TX, by barge along the Intracoastal Waterway to replace a deteriorating structure there. The span was moved intact.
- Lost Warren through truss bridge over Intracoastal Waterway on Union Pacific Railroad
- Houma, Terrebonne Parish, Louisiana
- Removed and relocated to Freeport, Texas, in late 2010
- Built in 1982 to replace an earlier swing bridge. Abandoned in 1991 and moved to Freeport, TX in 2010
- - Modjeski & Masters of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania (Design)
- - Union Pacific Railroad (UP)
- Warren through truss
Span length: 258.0 ft.
Total length: 258.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.58145, -90.71702 (decimal degrees)
29°34'53" N, 90°43'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/721136/3274584 (zone/easting/northing)
- 4 ft. above sea level
- Inventory numer
- BH 53783 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 5, 2012: Updated by Jann Mayer: Added categories "Navigable waterway", "Relocated", "Union Pacific Railroad"
- Jann Mayer - jannmayer [at] gmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler