IC - Tangipahoa River Bridge
Photo taken by James Baughn in February 2015
BH Photo #316740
The bridge was constructed by the Louisville Bridge and Iron Company in 1884 and was shipped to Robert in 1906 when work started on The Baton Rouge Hammond and Eastern (BRH&E)
* Yazoo and Mississippi Valley Railroad (Y&VM) operated the line until 1934. (Illinois Central Railroad did not take control of the Y&MV until 1945/46 - well after the line was sold)
* Natalbany Lumber Company leased the line from 1934 to 1939
* Gaylord purchased line and used it to haul pulpwood from 1939 to 1969.
* The track was removed in 1973.
* The bridge collapsed in 2015 and was removed in July 2016.
- December 25, 2018: New photo from James Rhed
- August 7, 2016: Updated by Matt Anderson: Demolished AUG 2016
- February 21, 2015: New photos from James Baughn
- August 27, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Illinois Central Railroad", "Railroad"
- August 27, 2012: Added by Jared Mixson