Avoca Island Bridge
Bridge with steel draw swing span completed in September or October 1912.
Carried the Old Spanish Trail and US 90 until being re-routed onto what is now US 90 BUS/LA 182 in 1928. The bridge remained in use, providing access between Morgan City and Avoca Island until it was damaged in 1938. Repairs were planned but apparently not carried out. A temporary ferry service became permanent and still operates as of 2017.
- Lost Warren through truss drawbridge over Bayou Boeuf on LA 1092E (formerly US 90/LA 2)
- Avoca, St. Mary Parish, Louisiana
- Removed but not replaced
- Built 1912; damaged 1938 and replaced by ferry
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Works of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- Warren through truss drawbridge
Total length: 650.0 ft.
- Also called
- Avoca Bridge
Bayou Boeuf Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.68550, -91.19025 (decimal degrees)
29°41'08" N, 91°11'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/675108/3285307 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Morgan City
- Inventory number
- BH 76824 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 28, 2017: Updated by Luke: Added image + type.
- April 28, 2017: Added by Roger Collins