Butte Larose Pontoon Bridge
Crocodile Bayou Pontoon Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in April 2011
BH Photo #197374
The bridge was moved and erected on current location ca. 1954. It
was originally constructed in the 1930s in Vermillion Parish, where it reportedly crossed an oilfield canal.
- Pontoon lift bridge over Crocodile Bayou on Herman Dupuis Rd
- St. Martin Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1960
Length of largest span: 51.8 ft.
Total length: 242.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.7 ft.
- Also called
- Crocodile Bayou Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.28167, -91.73333 (decimal degrees)
30°16'54" N, 91°43'60" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/621825/3350676 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Butte La Rose
- Average daily traffic (as of 1971)
- Inventory number
- BH 19113 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 43.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 21, 2020: Updated by Jared: Updated age and description
- November 4, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.