US 171 Noble Overpass
The overpass was constructed from April to October 1934, replacing a grade crossing at the same location. This project was one of several improvements relating to the relocation of US 171 between Many and Mansfield, which was completed in 1937.
Replaced in 2003 by twin two-lane overpasses as part of the four-laning of US 171 through the area.
- Lost steel stringer bridge over Kansas City Southern Railway on US 171
- Noble, Sabine Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1934; replaced 2003
- - W.H. Groome & Son (Fayette, MS)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 28.9 ft.
Total length: 174.9 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.69724, -93.68389 (decimal degrees)
31°41'50" N, 93°41'02" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/435190/3507081 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 53898 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 97.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 25, 2020: Updated by Roger Collins: Added description text, dates, builder.
- October 14, 2012: Added by Jared Mixson