Red River Bridge
Coushatta Bridge Red River
Original bridge over the Red River at Coushatta, La. Taken in early 1950s.
Louisiana Highway Commission
BH Photo #382724
Constructed for $10.4 million beginning in June 1988. Opened to traffic on September 5, 1990, replacing the A. Hazard Perry Memorial Bridge on US 84 built in 1932. US 371 was added to the route upon its designation in 1994.
- Steel stringer bridge over Red River on US 84 / US 371
- Coushatta, Red River Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1990
- - Jensen Construction Co. of Des Moines, Iowa & Sand Springs, Oklahoma (approaches)
- Rosiek Construction Co. (center span)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 310.1 ft.
Total length: 2,682.2 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 40.4 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.01402, -93.35342 (decimal degrees)
32°00'50" N, 93°21'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/466622/3542044 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 53297 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 82.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 5, 2020: Updated by Roger Collins: Added builders and description text.
- March 11, 2017: New photo from James Rhed
- August 27, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "US 84"
- August 27, 2012: Added by Jared Mixson