Old Highway 1 Bridge
Built on SR 20, which became Highway 1 in the 1955 renumbering. Bypassed in the 1960s when Highway 1 was straightened between Boyce and Lena. Remained open for local traffic until the mid 2000s, when the power company crossed the right-of-way. The road is currently blocked by a pipe gate at Zimmerman.
- Steel stringer bridge over Unnamed Creek on Old Highway 1
- Rapides Parish, Louisiana
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1932, closed mid 2000s
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 19.0 ft.
Total length: 77.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.41201, -92.70173 (decimal degrees)
31°24'43" N, 92°42'06" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/528351/3475303 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 79478 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 17, 2017: Added by Cliff Darby