KCS R/R Bridge
Photo taken by Cliff Darby in March 2010
This bridge will be replaced as part of the TIMED project in conjunction with the OK Allen bridge. This bridge will be replaced with a precast girder bridge some time between 2010-2013.
- Steel stringer bridge over KCS R/R on US 71
- Pineville, Rapides Parish, Louisiana
- Built 1938
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 44.0 ft.
Total length: 534.1 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.33750, -92.43722 (decimal degrees)
31°20'15" N, 92°26'14" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/553536/3467143 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 44172 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2012)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 51.6 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- March 25, 2010: New photos from David Backlin
- March 23, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added Street View
- March 3, 2010: New photos from Cliff Darby
- February 19, 2010: Added by Cliff Darby