US 165 Business Overpass
Looking north from the KCS (former L&A) tracks
Photo taken by Cliff Darby in March 2010
BH Photo #156840
DOTD has proposed to make this an at-grade crossing and close another at-grade crossing to the south, due to the deteriorating condition of this bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over KCS (Formerly L&A) RR on Military Highway
- Pineville, Rapides Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Built 1918
- - Kansas City Southern Railway (KCS)
- Louisiana Arkansas Railroad
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 26.9 ft.
Total length: 140.1 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.33956, -92.42418 (decimal degrees)
31°20'22" N, 92°25'27" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/554775/3467377 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 44171 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 20, 2018: Updated by Jared: Corrected location
- September 11, 2017: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added category "Kansas City Southern Railway"
- March 23, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added Street View
- March 3, 2010: New photos from Cliff Darby
- February 19, 2010: Added by Cliff Darby