US 165 Business Overpass
Looking north from the KCS (former L&A) tracks
Photo taken by Cliff Darby in March 2010
BH Photo #156840
DOTD has proposed to make this an at-grade crossing and close another at-grade crossing to the south, due to the deteriorating condition of this bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over KCS (Formerly L&A) RR on Military Highway
- Pineville, Rapides Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- Built 1918
- - Kansas City Southern Railway (KCS)
- Louisiana Arkansas Railroad
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 26.9 ft.
Total length: 140.1 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.33806, -92.42528 (decimal degrees)
31°20'17" N, 92°25'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/554672/3467210 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44171 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 06/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 2.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- September 11, 2017: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added category "Kansas City Southern Railway"
- March 23, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added Street View
- March 3, 2010: New photos from Cliff Darby
- February 19, 2010: Added by Cliff Darby