Gillis Long Bridge
Photo taken by Cliff Darby in January 2010
BH Photo #155516
The Gillis Long bridge replaced an earlier swing bridge named the Murray Street bridge (named for conencting Main Street in Pineville with Murray Street in Alexandria).
This bridge can be seen in the opening of "Cajun Pawn Stars" on History Channel.
- Vertical lift bridge over Red River on US 165B in Pineville
- Alexandria, Rapides Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1985
- - Jensen Construction Co. of Des Moines, Iowa & Sand Springs, Oklahoma
- Vertical lift
Length of largest span: 300.0 ft.
Total length: 1,028.6 ft.
Deck width: 35.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.5 ft.
- Also called
- Jackson Street Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.31392, -92.44441 (decimal degrees)
31°18'50" N, 92°26'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/552865/3464526 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory number
- BH 19099 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 90.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 10, 2017: New Street View added by Luke
- January 10, 2017: New photos from Royce and Bobette Haley
- December 7, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- January 6, 2012: Updated by Cliff Darby: Reopened after repairs completed
- January 3, 2012: Updated by Cliff Darby: Closed for repairs
- June 7, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Updated Name
- March 7, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added Street View
- March 6, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Edited Description
- February 19, 2010: New photos from Cliff Darby
- Cliff Darby - clif30 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Douglas Butler
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com