Krotz Springs Bridge
This bridge is a K-truss bridge and is one of six bridges of this truss type in Louisiana. The K-truss type is virtually non-existent outside of Louisiana.
-- Historic American Engineering Record
- Lost K-Parker through truss bridge over Atchafalaya River on US-190
- Krotz Springs, Pointe Coupee Parish, Louisiana, and St. Landry Parish, Louisiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1934
- K-Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 500.5 ft.
Total length: 2,784.0 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.54595, -91.74922 (decimal degrees)
30°32'45" N, 91°44'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/619973/3379948 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53620 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 24, 2012: HAER photos posted by Luke Harden
- September 24, 2012: Added by Jared Mixson
- Jared Mixson
- HAER LA-7 - Krotz Springs Bridge, Spanning Atchafalaya River, Krotz Springs, St. Landry Parish, LA