Photo taken in April 2015
License: Released into public domain
BH Photo #327026
Built to replace the original 1955 vertical lift span that existed on the immediate northeast side of the current bridge.
- Girder bridge over Intracoastal Waterway on LA 407
- New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana, and Plaquemines Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Opened to traffic on July 18, 1985
- - Johnson Brothers Construction
Length of largest span: 299.9 ft.
Total length: 5,082.3 ft. (1.0 mi.)
Deck width: 71.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 100.0 ft.
- Also called
- (New) Algiers Local Coast Intracoastal Waterway Bridge
General DeGaulle Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.90520, -89.98613 (decimal degrees)
29°54'19" N, 89°59'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/211655/3312028 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 67939 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 93.8 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- April 28, 2017: Updated by Roger Collins: Added common name, opening date, description.
- August 7, 2016: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- June 4, 2015: Added by M. D. Caillet