CSX - Inner Harbor Navigation Canal Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in May 2011
BH Photo #198521
The vehicular portion of this bridge originally connected the two ends of Old Gentilly Road and served as part of the Old Spanish Trail, which became US 90 in 1926. US 90 was re-routed onto the new Chef Menteur Highway and the first Danziger Bridge in 1932.
- Bascule bridge over the Inner Harbor Navigation Canal (Industrial Canal) on former Almonaster Ave. in New Orleans
- New Orleans, Orleans Parish, Louisiana
- Open to rail traffic; closed to vehicular traffic
- Built 1919 by the Bethlehem Steel Co.
- - Bethlehem Steel Co. of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Louisville & Nashville Railroad (L&N; LN)
- Strauss trunnion bascule bridge
Length of largest span: 146.9 ft.
Total length: 282.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.2 ft.
- Also called
- Almonaster Avenue Bridge
Inner Harbor Navigation Canal Bridge
L&N - Inner Harbor Navigation Canal Bridge
Industrial Canal Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.00454, -90.02588 (decimal degrees)
30°00'16" N, 90°01'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/786898/3323014 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Spanish Fort
- Inventory numer
- BH 19085 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of January 2017)
- Sufficiency rating: 35 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 28, 2017: Updated by Roger Collins: Added info about US 90 routing
- January 16, 2016: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- November 30, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- September 24, 2015: New photo from Douglas Butler
- August 29, 2013: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- July 17, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "Louisville & Nashville Railroad", "CSX Railroad"