Old Little River Bridge
View from Little River boat launch
Photo taken by Cliff Darby in July 2010
BH Photo #171400
This bridge is on the original alignment of US 165, which was then designated Fullerton Road when the current alignment was built. A new, third bridge carries northbound traffic, while the second bridge carries the old lane and southbound traffic. This bridge is now closed to traffic, with the southern approach road gated and blocked with a pile of dirt. The bridges to the north are also abandoned. The northern bridges are not reachable, as they are blocked by cattle gates at a dead end.
- Abandoned concrete tee beam bridge over Little River on Fullerton Road / Old US 165
- LaSalle Parish, Louisiana, and Grant Parish, Louisiana
- Built 1926 on original allignment of US 165, bypassed in 1981, abandoned in the 1990s
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 41.0 ft.
Total length: 328.1 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.79396, -92.36288 (decimal degrees)
31°47'38" N, 92°21'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/560314/3517774 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 45658 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 11, 2013: New photo from Joshua Bonnette
- February 21, 2011: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added Description
- February 15, 2011: Updated by Cliff Darby: Updated History
- July 31, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added Description
- July 16, 2010: Added by Cliff Darby
- Cliff Darby - clif30 [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Joshua Bonnette