Delcambre Canal LA 14 Bridge (New)
Photo taken by Douglas Butler
BH Photo #261662
This new lift bridge is larger when replaced in 1998 while the older lift span was a normal size small last constructed in 1936 by JAL Waddell.
- Vertical lift bridge over Delcambre Canal on LA 14
- Iberia Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1998
- Vertical lift
Length of largest span: 44.9 ft.
Total length: 85.9 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.95097, -91.98301 (decimal degrees)
29°57'03" N, 91°58'59" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/598137/3313786 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numer
- BH 19020 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2016)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 82.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 1, 2016: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- December 5, 2015: New Street View added by Douglas Butler
- October 8, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- July 20, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge has been replaced
- C Hanchey - cmh2315fl [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Douglas Butler