Jimmie Davis Bridge
- Steel through truss bridge over Red River on LA 511 in Shreveport
- Shreveport, Bossier Parish, Louisiana, and Caddo Parish, Louisiana
- Open to traffic Scheduled for Replacement
- Future prospects
- LADOTD and the NWLCOG have decided to replace the bridge instead of recondition.
- Built 1968
- Three polygonal Warren through truss spans with verticals. Deck plate girder approaches.
Length of largest span: 399.8 ft.
Total length: 2,822.4 ft. (0.5 mi.)
Deck width: 30.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +32.45879, -93.67932 (decimal degrees)
32°27'32" N, 93°40'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/436155/3591493 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 18976 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 08/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 36.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- July 14, 2016: Updated by Brad Smith: Change of Plans, bridge to be replaced with UCEB
- April 12, 2014: Updated by Brad Smith: http://www.ksla.com/story/25084293/jimmie-davis-bridge-to-close-in-2015-residents-react
- July 28, 2013: New photos from M. D. Caillet
- April 13, 2010: Updated by Craig Philpott: refined description
- February 17, 2009: Updated by Wes Worsham
- Wes Worsham
- Craig Philpott - craigphilpott63 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Brad Smith - gaberdine [at] hotmail [dot] com
Jimmie Davis Bridge replacement
Jimmie Davis Bridge Closure for rehab