Bayou Boeuf LA 1177 Bridge
Photo taken by David Backlin in March 2013
- Pony truss bridge over Bayou Boeuf on LA 1177
- Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana, and Rapides Parish, Louisiana
- In storage
- Future prospects
- The bridge has been removed from the roadway and has been replaced under State and Federal Project No H.007876. The bridge truss components (truss sides and bottom) are in storage at the DOTD maintenance yard. While the marketing period has expired, the bridge truss is still available for ownership transfer until it is recycled. Contact Carey Coxe, Environmental Impact Specialist DCL at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Details: http://wwwsp.dotd.la.gov/Inside_LaDOTD/Divisions/Engineering...
- Built ca. 1920 as part of the Jefferson Highway
- Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 121.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.96545, -92.21548 (decimal degrees)
30°57'56" N, 92°12'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/574969/3425987 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 18975 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 01/2014)
- Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 18.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- August 1, 2016: Bridge is currently in storage... for now
- March 27, 2016: Bridge is available for reuse
- March 22, 2013: New photos from David Backlin
- March 8, 2010: Updated by Cliff Darby: Added Street View
Bayou Boeuf LA 1177 Bridge Reuse