CSX - Plum Springs Loop Overpass
Photo taken by Mike Page in February 2010
BH Photo #190199
This crossing was a wood stringer on Kentucky whitestone abutments when this route was the Dixie Highway, later US-31W. The L&N Railroad elevated it's tracks 9-11 feet along most of it's route in 1926. The current steel stringer was placed atop concrete elevations on top the original abutments.
- Steel stringer bridge over Plum Springs Loop on CSX Railroad
- Bowling Green, Warren County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Replaced Wood Stringer when tracks were elevated in 1926
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 27.6 ft.
Total length: 29.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.01139, -86.39000 (decimal degrees)
37°00'41" N, 86°23'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/554267/4096309 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bowling Green North
- Inventory number
- BH 47282 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- December 11, 2010: Added by Mike Page