Rockport Bascule Railroad Bridge
Photo taken by J.P. in Sept 2011
- Through truss bridge over Green River on Paducah & Louisville Railway
- Muhlenberg County, Kentucky, and Ohio County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Replaced a 1870's Swing Bridge, Built 1931 for thePaducah & Louisville Railway by the Virginia Bridge Company.
- - Strauss Bascule Bridge Co. of Chicago, Illinois
- Virginia Bridge Co. of Roanoke, Virginia
- Through truss
single leaf Strauss heel-trunnion bascule
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.33141, -86.99762 (decimal degrees)
37°19'53" N, 86°59'51" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/500211/4131638 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 49419 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 23, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: Fixed Builder and Design.
- November 22, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added bridge design
- September 24, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added builder
- August 27, 2011: New photo from J.P.
- August 25, 2011: Added by J.P.