Kentucky Route 228 Bridge
Longest of the six Whipple-Murphy truss bridges in Kentucky
- Lost through truss bridge over Wolf Creek on Kentucky Route 228 in Wolf Creek
- Wolf Creek, Meade County, Kentucky
- Bridge has been replaced.
- Built in 1885 by Smith Bridge Company; replaced 1988
- - Smith Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio
- Whipple-Murphy or Double Intersection Pratt through truss
Span length: 209.0 ft.
Total length: 209.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.10646, -86.38948 (decimal degrees)
38°06'23" N, 86°23'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/553524/4217802 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory number
- BH 43007 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 6, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Bridge has been replaced.
- February 24, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added GPS coordinates.
- September 13, 2009: Posted HAER photos
- July 15, 2009: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- HAER KY-21 - Kentucky Route 228 Bridge, Spanning Wolf Creek on Kentucky Route 228, Wolf Creek, Meade County, KY