Photo taken by James Baughn
BH Photo #232643
At one time, the dam carried the Illinois Central along with US 41 and US 62. The rail line is abandoned and the highways have moved to a new bridge downstream from the dam.
- Dam impounding the Tennessee River
- Gilbertsville, Marshall County, Kentucky, and Livingston County, Kentucky
- Bridge is open to local traffic with a dedicated bicycle and pedestrian path
- Built between 1938 and 1944; Roadway added 1950
- - Tennessee Valley Authority
Length of largest span: 80.1 ft.
Total length: 1,652.0 ft.
Deck width: 27.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.01167, -88.27000 (decimal degrees)
37°00'42" N, 88°16'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/387015/4096920 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Calvert City
- Inventory number
- BH 44527 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 73.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- July 10, 2014: New photos from Andrew Raker
- May 26, 2012: New photos from James Baughn
- March 22, 2010: Added by J.R. Manning
- J.R. Manning - thekitchenguy [at] sbcglobal [dot] net
- Andrew Raker