Photo taken by J.P. in Sept 2011
BH Photo #214799
The bridge is now located in a city park in Auburn. It originally spanned Whippoorwill Creek on Route 5272.
- Pratt pony truss bridge in Auburn Park
- Auburn, Logan County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic going through the park
- Built 1880 by the Penn Bridge Works; replaced 1990 and later relocated to a city park
- - Penn Bridge Works of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania [also known as Penn Bridge Co.]
- Pratt pony truss
Span length: 62.0 ft.
Total length: 62.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
- Also called
- Kentucky Route 5272 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.86192, -86.70614 (decimal degrees)
36°51'43" N, 86°42'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/526194/4079594 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43019 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 24, 2011: Updated by Tony Dillon: Edited builder's name. Company was Penn Bridge Works
- September 24, 2011: Updated by J.P.: bridge open to cars
- September 30, 2010: Updated by J.P.: add location
- July 15, 2009: Added by Bill Eichelberger
- Bill Eichelberger
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- HAER KY-27 - Kentucky Route 5272 Bridge, Spanning Whippoorwill Creek, Lickskillet vicinity, Logan, KY
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com