Ashlar bridge, Whitesburg KY
Photo taken by Bob Lawrence in April 2012
BH Photo #228868
One of the bridges in Whitesburg built by Italian masons who came to the area to work on the L&N line.
- Stone arch bridge over North Fork of Kentucky River on Cornelia Avenue
- Whitesburg, Letcher County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Built circa 1919
- - Unknown
- Stone arch made of ashlar masonry
Total length: 100.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.11652, -82.81756 (decimal degrees)
37°06'59" N, 82°49'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/338520/4109344 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1190 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 51920 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 1, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 1, 2012: Added by Bob Lawrence