Valley View Ferry
Valley View Ferry Package
Story about the oldest running business in Kentucky
Video link posted by Ed Hollowell
Play video on YouTube
Ferry operates daylight hours only. Company was purchased by counties of Jessamine, Madison and Fayette in 1991 and is free of charge.
- Ferry across Kentucky River on KY 39
- Jessamine County, Kentucky, and Madison County, Kentucky
- Open to traffic
- Ferry Started 1785 by John Craig under charter from the Virgina Legislature. Oldest business in Kentucky.
- - John Craig
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.76950, -84.52538 (decimal degrees)
37°46'10" N, 84°31'31" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/717959/4183124 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Little Hickman
- Inventory number
- BH 45441 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 8, 2013: New photos from Joe Virruso
- August 2, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Typos in history.
- June 2, 2010: New video from Ed Hollowell
- June 1, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Enlarged description.