Elm Tree Garden Bridge
Photo from Triumph at the Falls: The Louisville and Portland Canal, p. 98.
by Leland R. Johnson and Charles E. Parrish.
U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Library of Congress Control Number: 2005931890.
Photo provided by William Alden III
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike (CC BY-NC-SA)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #283564
The observation deck at the end of 18th street is a remaining part of this bridge.
- Lost Bridge over Louisville & Portland Canal on 18th Street
- Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1856
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.26736, -85.77472 (decimal degrees)
38°16'03" N, 85°46'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/607186/4236190 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Albany
- Inventory number
- BH 60980 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 1, 2014: New Street View added by Luke
- May 15, 2014: New photo from Douglas Butler
- May 14, 2014: Added by Luke Harden